We are working on multiple fronts to improve soil health, water health, wildlife habitat, local economics, and improve food quality and security within Alberta. Within that framework we have the following core activities:
- Holistic Planned Rotational Grazing of cattle and poultry.
- Ethical, humane, and low stress livestock practices.
- Extensive riparian and wildlife protection.
- Extensive installation of ecobuffers and native species plantings.
- A commitment to paying staff above living wages (over $15/hr)
- Conservation tillage practices in our market gardens that include low tillage, cover cropping, and complex intercropping.
- A focus on perennial pastures, including a complex mix of native and tame species.