We are a registered nonprofit charity (BN 133800771RR0001). We achieve our mission through the generous support of our sponsors and donors who are dedicated to creating a bright future for our province and planet.
We provide sponsorship, donation, and volunteer opportunities.
Your support strengthens our ability to showcase, inspire, and empower Alberta’s environmental achievements. By working together, our province and planet will benefit from a healthy environment and sustainable future.
Through our actions of showcasing, inspiring, and empowering environmental leadership and awareness, we support our community to meet the challenges ahead, and contribute to a more sustainable future for all.
Ways to support the AEF
Share some of your time and talent with us! Opportunities include joining our board, becoming an Emerald Award judge, contributing to a committee, developing content, and supporting events. Interested in volunteering? Fill out this form.
Emerald Lifestyle Card – coming soon!
For a $30 donation to the AEF, folks who are wanting to be a more sustainably conscious consumer will gain discounts at environmentally-friendly Albertan retailers. Are you a retailer that would like to be featured? Contact Sabrina.
Support the AEF through the donation of goods and services. Opportunities include space, silent auction prizes, consulting work, catering, and more.
Provide a financial one-time gift to the AEF, or become a monthly donor. Donate here.
Most of our events are open to the public with tickets available on a sliding scale, pay-what-you-can, or by donation. These events include our Tell Your Story Webinars, Sharing Stories launch events, and the Emerald Awards. Check out our upcoming events.
Tell Your Story Partnerships
We didn’t become Alberta’s environmental good-news storytellers on our own! We work with amazing partners who we are happy to endorse. If we make a match, our partners donate a small portion of their new contract back to the AEF as a thank you. Check out our current partners.
Share your environmental story at our events and on our content. Opportunities include:
- Our Emerald Awards digital event program. Extra perk: your ad can direct our audience to a webpage of your choice! Half-page ad = $275, Full page ad = $500.
- What On EARTH Can We Do? Podcast: Our hosts will read your 30-second ad as part of an episode. $275/episode.
- Emerald Documentary Series/Emerald Speakers Series/Tell Your Story Webinar: Your 30-second ad will be added to the beginning of a video of your choice. $750/video.
- Sponsor reels: Your ad slide will be featured as part of our sponsor reel at our events. $200/event.
- Virtual Trade Show Booth at the Emerald Awards: With the support of the GreenShows event platform, engage with our audience in our virtual trade show. The trade show is open to the public one week before the event and three days after, providing numerous opportunities for the public to visit your booth. Starting at $575.
For more information, contact Gregory.
Event and Program Sponsors
Is one of our events or programs near and dear to your heart? Why not partner with us and we’ll be sure to put your environmental story front and center.
- Tell Your Story Webinar Wednesday Sponsorship: $1,000
- Sharing Stories Launch Event Sponsor: $2,500
- Sharing Stories Content Sponsor: $5,000
- Emerald Awards Category Sponsor: $7,500
Your annual sponsorship supports the AEF in providing year-round programming that showcases, inspires, and empowers our province’s environmental achievements.
With the many events, content, and programs the AEF has to offer, there is ample opportunity to connect with our audience and share your environmental story.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, contact Gregory.
By showcasing our province’s leaders who raise the bar in addressing local, regional, and global environmental & climate issues, a standard of excellence is set that inspires and empowers others in their own practices.
The Alberta Emerald Foundation serves as:
- A catalyst for change.
- An organization committed to raising youth awareness and enabling their participation in environmental stewardship.
- A collaborator with diverse groups to offer select and specialized programs.
- A connector of diverse groups, including youth, nonprofits, schools, business leaders, public servants, and others.
- An advocate for Alberta’s environmental success stories.
Your generous support allows the Alberta Emerald Foundation to
Celebrate outstanding environmental initiatives and achievements of individuals, organizations and corporations through our premier event, the Emerald Awards, at no cost to participants.
Undertake new programs and projects, like Sharing Stories, Emerald Youth Grants, and Tell Your Story, focused on raising awareness of, and participation in environmental stewardship.