Forty-two Grade 4 students from Westmount Charter School, their two teachers and one highly-committed parent volunteer created PEEL, a literacy program that empowers students to understand the environmental, social and economic challenges and opportunities around energy consumption, climate change and sustainability. With the support of over 25 energy-sector organizations, PEEL has inspired students and parents to evaluate their energy usage through environmental initiatives such as an EcoFair, weekly nature field trips, letter writing campaigns, home and school audits, a “turn me off” campaign, and various art and math activities. Students are learning the power of their voices, the impacts of their choices and the need for continued and immediate change concerning the environment.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION TO ANNOUNCE 27th ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS RECIPIENTS
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!