This unique program equips educators with resources, curriculum support and professional development workshops on local and global water issues, teaching youth about efficient water use, raising awareness, and inspiring independent action. In 2014, students involved in Youth Wavemakers conserved over 200,000 litres of water and reached over 14,000 Albertans with action projects on water and sanitation. Youth Wavemakers also provides an annual Youth Summit, classroom workshops, and action grants for water-conservation projects. The highlight of the Youth Wavemakers year is World Water Day, where students showcase their action projects to the public.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- NOMINATIONS FOR THE 26TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS NOW OPEN!
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide
- EMERALD SPEAKER SERIES: Kelcie Miller-Anderson