In 1995, the Cerebral Palsy Association in Alberta (CPAA) established a clothing donation program to generate revenues that would provide funding support for the services offered to their members. Through a partnership with Value Village, donations of gently-used clothing and small household items dropped off at bins placed around the community are exchanged for revenue. In 2008, that partnership was expanded to include the ABCRC with a bottle recycling program. Last year, donations dropped off at bins around the community kept over 4.6 million pounds of useable material out of Alberta landfills and their collection crew recycled nearly 548,000 containers, saving over 208,000 kWh of energy, 56,000 kg of greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) and more than 28,000 kgs from the landfill. The clothing and bottle recycling program generates 60% of the CPAA operating revenues, funding programs that serve 3,300 Albertan’s with cerebral palsy and other disabilities each year.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION TO ANNOUNCE 27th ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS RECIPIENTS
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!