Written by: Kaden Ave Communications / / @kadenavecomms
- Change your Instagram account to a business account
- Clean up your bio to make it concise & catchy – use emojis!
- Calls to action – are your buttons leading to where you want your customers to be?
- Clean up your grid using the archive function. Get rid of anything that doesn’t match your brand or is low quality
- Map out your story – what do you want to tell your customers/potential customers about you and your skills? Use that as a storyboard to tell people about what you do
- Create story highlights based on the stories you want to tell your customers. Highlight “evergreen” content that will be relevant for a long time
- Use Instagram reels to tell short stories – max of 15 seconds!
- Host longer videos (1-10 minutes on your IGTV)
- Develop your aesthetic – what does your ideal grid look like? Are you showing off your brand colours and imagery?
- Use natural lighting & a variety of photo angles
- Find your brand’s voice and review your captions to match it
- Reduce clutter in your captions – unless you’re a super strong writer, get to the point!
- Develop a hashtag cloud that uses the best hashtags for your service/product/location
- Check your analytics – what is the data telling you? What do people like to see? What are they responding to?
- Boost a post that has done well organically
- Engage with your audience! Keep it social
- Deal with negative comments – don’t delete or ignore them. Try to take the issue offline – offer to call them on the phone
- Share posts from your community and clients
Kaden Ave Communications is a social media marketing firm in Edmonton, Alberta. It was founded in 2017 by Kady and Avery, hence the name Kaden Ave (Kade & Ave). They specialize in social media management and creating high-quality organic social media content for their selected portfolio of small and medium business clients.