Located in Alberta’s Southern Foothills, the Waldron Property is the largest remaining block of deeded land along the eastern slopes of the Rocky Mountains, and last year, the Waldron Grazing Co-operative Ltd. made Canadian conservation history by voting in favour of working with the Nature Conservancy of Canada to place a conservation easement on the 30,536-acre Waldron Property. This agreement is the largest conservation easement in both Canadian and NCC history and marks the first time that NCC has successfully engaged a rancher-owned co-operative in negotiating a conservation easement. The judges remarked that this is a huge size of impact and a great example of collaboration.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide