The Green Medium (thegreenmedium.com), an environmental awareness blog, showcases a collective of youth “Resident Writers” that write for the blog on environmentally related topics that they are passionate about. The overall mission of the blog is to increase environmental literacy and awareness as well as to engage an audience that may not be conscious of environmental issues in their daily life. By the end of spring 2017, they provided fifty young adults with the opportunity to research, think about, and educate others on one or multiple environmental topics in one to two-week residency periods. By regularly providing interesting content written by peers on a range of topics and by providing a medium for individuals to actively care and contribute to the discussion, The Green Medium has worked hard to fight environmental apathy and misinformation in communities where such a discussion would not have happened otherwise.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- NOMINATIONS FOR THE 26TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS NOW OPEN!
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide
- EMERALD SPEAKER SERIES: Kelcie Miller-Anderson