In 2013, Suncor achieved the extraordinary: the construction of the most common wetland type in the northern boreal forest region – the fen. The Nikanotee Fen program advances reclamation and sustainability practices in the oil sands and the world by enhancing the ability to reclaim the diversity of wetland landscapes, thereby increasing the similarity of the reclaimed landscape to pre-disturbance conditions. Knowledge gained throughout the design, construction and monitoring phases of the program are being shared throughout the industry, the region and the world through conferences, peer-reviewed publications and updates to guidance documents, further advancing state-of-knowledge and encouraging future work and innovation in fen and wetland reclamation.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION TO ANNOUNCE 27th ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS RECIPIENTS
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!