The Cochrane High School Sustainable Development Committee has been involved in the planning, design and installation of a 5 kW Evance R9000 wind turbine on their school property. This committee’s motto is to be the change they wish to see in this world and their mandate is to transform their school’s operations and activities into those that are sustainable and, thus, achieving greater efficiency. Installation of the 5 kW wind turbine will raise the school’s electrical production from renewable energy sources to 11 kW. This project couples innovation with good, smart policy on environment, conservation, diversification and long-term development. Because the demand for energy continues to increase, this project confirms both opportunity and responsibility for Cochrane High and Rockyview Schools.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- NOMINATIONS FOR THE 26TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS NOW OPEN!
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide
- EMERALD SPEAKER SERIES: Kelcie Miller-Anderson