Momentum is a community economic-development organization that partners with Calgarians living on low incomes to build sustainable futures and a resilient local economy. Their three program areas (Business Development, Skills Training & Financial Literacy) are designed to strengthen the assets of each participant in all areas of life: money, self, family, friends, work and the systems in which we live. Embedded as one of its core values, sustainability at Momentum is reflected in its commitment to restructure the way their employees live and work, nurturing simplicity, interdependence and a high quality of life for all. This value automatically frames their culture and decisions in the context of environmental, social and economic sustainability. Momentum’s sustainability work is championed by its board/staff sustainability committee that tracks their greenhouse-gas footprint and waste diversion through the organization’s comprehensive recycling and composting service and incentivizes staff towards positive commuting and purchasing decisions.
- Celebrate your Albertan EcoHero with a 28th Annual Emerald Award Nomination
- Our Emerald Awards Nominations Form has changed – Here’s what you need to know!
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION TO ANNOUNCE 27th ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS RECIPIENTS
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS