Momentum is a community economic-development organization that partners with Calgarians living on low incomes to build sustainable futures and a resilient local economy. Their three program areas (Business Development, Skills Training & Financial Literacy) are designed to strengthen the assets of each participant in all areas of life: money, self, family, friends, work and the systems in which we live. Embedded as one of its core values, sustainability at Momentum is reflected in its commitment to restructure the way their employees live and work, nurturing simplicity, interdependence and a high quality of life for all. This value automatically frames their culture and decisions in the context of environmental, social and economic sustainability. Momentum’s sustainability work is championed by its board/staff sustainability committee that tracks their greenhouse-gas footprint and waste diversion through the organization’s comprehensive recycling and composting service and incentivizes staff towards positive commuting and purchasing decisions.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide