Devon Tim Hortons owner Brian Hicks and his staff have moved his business forward, taking on innovative, significant local initiatives to reduce his restaurant’s environmental footprint through the diversion of as much material as possible from the landfill. He has championed these actions locally, and has gone above and beyond to communicate the positive outcomes within Tim Hortons corporation to influence other restaurants to adopt similar initiatives and programs. In 2016, through a competitive process, Devon Tim Hortons received the first Town of Devon Environmental Sustainability Award (DESA) for their positive environmental actions, including making of guitar picks out of used gift cards and using the proceeds as a fundraising opportunity for the Tim Hortons Children’s Foundation. The innovation commitment and outreach to others, demonstrated by the staff of Devon Tim Hortons and owner Brian Hicks is seen daily through their dedication and positive influence on others within the community.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES THIS YEAR’S EMERALD AWARD FINALISTS
- Celebrate your Albertan EcoHero with a 28th Annual Emerald Award Nomination
- Our Emerald Awards Nominations Form has changed – Here’s what you need to know!
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION TO ANNOUNCE 27th ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS RECIPIENTS