The ConocoPhillips Canada Energy Efficiency Program was established in 2008 to implement energy efficient technology at a large number of well sites and facilities spanning from northeast British Columbia to southeast Alberta. The program’s goal is to make a significant reduction in the company’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions footprint. With the assistance of a grant from the Climate Change and Emissions Management Corporation (CCEMC) in 2011, this program has now implemented over 1,870 such projects, for a cumulative emissions reduction of 470,000+ tonnes CO2e per year – the equivalent of taking approximately 98,000+ cars off the road. These projects include technologies that capture and utilize waste heat and normally-vented methane, improved control of the air-fuel ratio of compressor station engines, and replace natural gas-driven pumps with solar-powered alternatives. In 2015, ConocoPhillips Canada hosted a workshop with over 200+ representatives from peer companies, service providers, regulators, policy makers and other stakeholders to share learnings from its program.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide