The Green Routine is an innovative program created by Strathcona County with the goal to maximize waste diversion while inspiring community action. For nearly a decade, the program has aimed to increase waste diversion by focusing on public education and an understanding of the importance of proper waste disposal. This initiative offers several benefits to the economy, quality of life and environmental health of the community. Strathcona County uses community-based social-marketing practices to develop effective, measurable and resourceful programming for waste reduction. From in-class presentations where students dig through trash bins to cart stickering programs where a street team educates one household at a time, the Green Routine strives to be inventive and interactive.
- 7 fun and free (or low cost) sustainability events in Alberta this summer
- Words from true Canadian gem Pierrette Requier
- Press Release: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards celebrate another year of environment excellence in Alberta
- MEDIA ADVISORY: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards will shine an (LED) light on Alberta’s most innovative leading organizations in environmental excellence
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES THIS YEAR’S EMERALD AWARD FINALISTS