The Green Routine is an innovative program created by Strathcona County with the goal to maximize waste diversion while inspiring community action. For nearly a decade, the program has aimed to increase waste diversion by focusing on public education and an understanding of the importance of proper waste disposal. This initiative offers several benefits to the economy, quality of life and environmental health of the community. Strathcona County uses community-based social-marketing practices to develop effective, measurable and resourceful programming for waste reduction. From in-class presentations where students dig through trash bins to cart stickering programs where a street team educates one household at a time, the Green Routine strives to be inventive and interactive.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES THIS YEAR’S EMERALD AWARD FINALISTS
- Celebrate your Albertan EcoHero with a 28th Annual Emerald Award Nomination
- Our Emerald Awards Nominations Form has changed – Here’s what you need to know!
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION TO ANNOUNCE 27th ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS RECIPIENTS