Derek is a true environmental leader and active member of the SLISE program (Student Led Initiatives for Sustainable Education). While maintaining honours grades, he tirelessly devotes his time to making the world a healthier place. Despite his busy academic life, he has spear-headed humanitarian and environmental initiatives of fundraising to purchase water filtration devices to help with the cholera outbreak in Haiti. No matter what challenges come before him, Derek champion’s solutions to real world problems whether it be local food, energy production, climate change, or reducing carbon footprints. He spends countless hours collaborating with students, industry and educators to share youth perspectives on climate change mitigation. Derek regularly gives talks on projects and has recently presented to a youth delegate in Doha, Qatar at the United Nations conference on Climate Change. He is an agent of change who will truly make a difference in this world.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION TO ANNOUNCE 27th ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS RECIPIENTS
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!