In 2004, unwanted tech hardware was sent to landfills and e-waste management regulations were few. In response, Bojan Paduh created the Electronic Recycling Association (ERA). Through awareness events, collection drives, fundraising, partnerships with law enforcement and offering secure, convenient options for disposing of unwanted equipment, the ERA offers the option for e-waste to be processed for reuse or recycling. They also provide refurbished tech hardware to Canadian non-profits, charities, care facilities and educational institutions. In 2015, ERA donated over 1,050 completely-refurbished computers to Canadian organizations and individuals, which is equal to over $160,000.00 of donated equipment. The ERA has opened five depots to date, providing Western Canada access to free, safe e-waste disposal options and access to technology donation programs.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide