In 2004, unwanted tech hardware was sent to landfills and e-waste management regulations were few. In response, Bojan Paduh created the Electronic Recycling Association (ERA). Through awareness events, collection drives, fundraising, partnerships with law enforcement and offering secure, convenient options for disposing of unwanted equipment, the ERA offers the option for e-waste to be processed for reuse or recycling. They also provide refurbished tech hardware to Canadian non-profits, charities, care facilities and educational institutions. In 2015, ERA donated over 1,050 completely-refurbished computers to Canadian organizations and individuals, which is equal to over $160,000.00 of donated equipment. The ERA has opened five depots to date, providing Western Canada access to free, safe e-waste disposal options and access to technology donation programs.
- 7 fun and free (or low cost) sustainability events in Alberta this summer
- Words from true Canadian gem Pierrette Requier
- Press Release: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards celebrate another year of environment excellence in Alberta
- MEDIA ADVISORY: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards will shine an (LED) light on Alberta’s most innovative leading organizations in environmental excellence
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES THIS YEAR’S EMERALD AWARD FINALISTS