Echohaven is a community of 25 home sites within Calgary. It was created as a place to group together solar or environmentally improved or net-zero energy or sustainable homes. Six founding families have taken the land from a former acreage to a place where like-minded people can live in a green community. By becoming the developer, under the name Echo-Logic Land Corporation, they were able to set architectural guidelines which are favourable to solar and sustainable housing. Targets included elimination of greenhouse gas emissions, 50% reduction in electricity use, 50% reduction of city water use, and the protection of original trees and ponds. These targets have been mostly achieved with about half of the houses built so far.
- Urban sustaina-bee-lity in downtown Edmonton
- 7 fun and free (or low cost) sustainability events in Alberta this summer
- Words from true Canadian gem Pierrette Requier
- Press Release: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards celebrate another year of environment excellence in Alberta
- MEDIA ADVISORY: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards will shine an (LED) light on Alberta’s most innovative leading organizations in environmental excellence