Echohaven is a community of 25 home sites within Calgary. It was created as a place to group together solar or environmentally improved or net-zero energy or sustainable homes. Six founding families have taken the land from a former acreage to a place where like-minded people can live in a green community. By becoming the developer, under the name Echo-Logic Land Corporation, they were able to set architectural guidelines which are favourable to solar and sustainable housing. Targets included elimination of greenhouse gas emissions, 50% reduction in electricity use, 50% reduction of city water use, and the protection of original trees and ponds. These targets have been mostly achieved with about half of the houses built so far.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION TO ANNOUNCE 27th ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS RECIPIENTS
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!