Echohaven is a community of 25 home sites within Calgary. It was created as a place to group together solar or environmentally improved or net-zero energy or sustainable homes. Six founding families have taken the land from a former acreage to a place where like-minded people can live in a green community. By becoming the developer, under the name Echo-Logic Land Corporation, they were able to set architectural guidelines which are favourable to solar and sustainable housing. Targets included elimination of greenhouse gas emissions, 50% reduction in electricity use, 50% reduction of city water use, and the protection of original trees and ponds. These targets have been mostly achieved with about half of the houses built so far.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- NOMINATIONS FOR THE 26TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS NOW OPEN!
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide
- EMERALD SPEAKER SERIES: Kelcie Miller-Anderson