Prior to the mid-1990s, reclamation guidelines for agricultural zones were used to reclaim upland forested well-sites, resulting in open meadow instead of closed forest. Until recently, well-sites in peat-lands were reclaimed to upland forests, leaving islands of forest within wetlands. In response, Circle T Consulting initiated large-scale upland and wetland experiments in 2003 and 2007, resulting in science-based recommendations for industry and government, and improved planning, construction and reclamation best-practices in both upland and wetland environments. Circle T Consulting also developed the collaborative workgroup iFROG (industrial Footprint Reduction Options Group) to reduce the size, intensity and duration of industrial disturbance in Northern Alberta.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- NOMINATIONS FOR THE 26TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS NOW OPEN!
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide
- EMERALD SPEAKER SERIES: Kelcie Miller-Anderson