Dave Trew has recently retired after a 50-year career as a water scientist, including 44 years in Alberta as a government scientist and as the executive director of the North Saskatchewan Watershed Alliance. Over the course of his time in Alberta, Dave led or participated in numerous important studies and initiatives to protect lakes, rivers, and wetlands in Alberta, along with the species they are home to. Dave’s bibliography includes 11 scientific papers published in professional journals, and approximately 100 studies and projects that cover a broad diversity of ecosystem issues in Alberta. He led or participated in ground-breaking research into lake health in Alberta, including uncovering the role of nutrients and acid deposition in the health of Central Basin lakes. Recent accomplishments include the Integrated Watershed Management Plan for the North Saskatchewan River in Alberta, and the Vermillion River Watershed Management Plan.
- Words from true Canadian gem Pierrette Requier
- Press Release: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards celebrate another year of environment excellence in Alberta
- MEDIA ADVISORY: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards will shine an (LED) light on Alberta’s most innovative leading organizations in environmental excellence
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES THIS YEAR’S EMERALD AWARD FINALISTS
- Celebrate your Albertan EcoHero with a 28th Annual Emerald Award Nomination