The judges loved that “The most innovated thing about Camp Maksepetoon is that it hasn’t changed in 58 years.” It promotes a natural, back-to-nature approach to camping and gives campers the opportunity to escape from city life, slow down, enjoy time outdoors, hike, take canoe lessons, swim in the lake, take part in nature journaling, enjoy unscheduled forest time, and engage with the environment constantly in a variety of ways.
- 7 fun and free (or low cost) sustainability events in Alberta this summer
- Words from true Canadian gem Pierrette Requier
- Press Release: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards celebrate another year of environment excellence in Alberta
- MEDIA ADVISORY: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards will shine an (LED) light on Alberta’s most innovative leading organizations in environmental excellence
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES THIS YEAR’S EMERALD AWARD FINALISTS