The Beaver Hills Initiative (BHI) is a multi-stakeholder collaboration comprised of four municipalities (Strathcona County, Lamont County, Beaver County, Leduc County), the federal and provincial governments, indigenous communities, academia, non-governmental organizations, and industry. Members came together in 2002 in recognition of the Beaver Hills’ distinct moraine landscape, to promote a bioregional approach to land management that will conserve the landscape, while integrating social, economic, cultural elements in harmony with the environment. The BHI voluntarily works together through shared initiatives and coordinated action and has grown in both scope and impact, cumulating in the recent designation of the Beaver Hills as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. This designation provides global recognition of the community’s commitment to conservation planning and sustainable development.
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION TO ANNOUNCE 27th ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS RECIPIENTS
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!