London Drugs is a 100 per cent Canadian-owned retailer with 75 stores. ‘What’s the Green Deal?’ is a program that brings together the organization’s 4 pillars of sustainability; Upstream Buying; Energy & Operations; Customer/Employee Communication and Recycling/Reuse. Through this initiative, they are well on their way to meeting their goal of diverting 95 per cent of their waste from landfills by 2015. London Drugs offers customers in-store recycling that goes beyond what is mandated by regulations. They work with their buyers and suppliers to improve their product sustainability and they communicate with their customer’s in-store and online with a dedicated website, blogs, videos and social media. London Drugs realizes the journey to sustainability is one that never ends and that’s why ‘What’s the Green Deal?’ is a question they will continue to ask themselves, even as they endeavor to answer it.
- CALLING ALL ECOHEROES! ALBERTA’S EMERALD AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide
- EMERALD SPEAKER SERIES: Kelcie Miller-Anderson