The flagship initiative of the Friends of Fish Creek, the Learning Naturally Program engages and inspires future generations of responsible park users. Originating in 1998, the program serves elementary schools located in economically disadvantaged neighbourhoods who would otherwise not have access to environmental education programs outside of their schools. The Learning Naturally Program introduces many new Canadians to the quintessential Canadian outdoor experience, fostering a lifelong love for our abundant natural environment. Through continued in-kind support from parks and corporate fundraising efforts, the Friends of Fish Creek Provincial Park delivers this program at no cost to parents or schools.
- 7 fun and free (or low cost) sustainability events in Alberta this summer
- Words from true Canadian gem Pierrette Requier
- Press Release: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards celebrate another year of environment excellence in Alberta
- MEDIA ADVISORY: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards will shine an (LED) light on Alberta’s most innovative leading organizations in environmental excellence
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES THIS YEAR’S EMERALD AWARD FINALISTS