The TD Learning Naturally Program is a corporately-sponsored environmental education program for economically disadvantaged students. In 2012, the program brought 4,887 students from 34 schools across Calgary to Fish Creek Provincial Park to participate in curriculum-related fieldtrips. The TD Learning Naturally Program sparks curiosity about science and nature in their participants, supporting youth who do not normally have the opportunity to visit a natural park to have an unforgettable nature-based education experience in an inspiring setting. In teaching the students to appreciate parks and encouraging them to utilize these spaces for recreation, they create stewards who can appreciate and take care of parks for years to come.
- 7 fun and free (or low cost) sustainability events in Alberta this summer
- Words from true Canadian gem Pierrette Requier
- Press Release: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards celebrate another year of environment excellence in Alberta
- MEDIA ADVISORY: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards will shine an (LED) light on Alberta’s most innovative leading organizations in environmental excellence
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES THIS YEAR’S EMERALD AWARD FINALISTS