Located on the shores of one of the world’s most picturesque lakes, the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is tasked with minimizing its impact on the environment it inhabits. Through innovative practices and employee engagement, the hotel rises above and beyond expectations, becoming a role model for the hotel industry around the globe.
- Some of the initiatives at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise include:
- An extensive recycling program.
- A paper reduction program.
- Use of minimum 30% recycled content paper in all offices.
- Used kitchen grease is recycled into biodiesel.
- Gently used hotel items are donated to local charities.
- Used amenities are donated to the Clean the World program which processes and distributes amenities to homeless shelters, senior citizens, and struggling families throughout Canada.
- Reusable bags are used on a regular basis to reduce the consumption of plastic bags • In 2016: 355 Ton diverted from landfills. 1, 6 Ton diverted from landfills by recycling mattresses. Diversion rate between 2015 and 2016: +2%.
- 50% of electricity is purchased green sources.
- Volunteers participate in the Lake Louise Shoreline Cleanup.
Learn more about the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.