Sometimes the best way to lead is through example. To encourage their community’s commitment to a healthy environment for current and future generations, Lacombe County created the internally-focused Environmental Management System (EMS). Implemented in 2014, and developed through extensive community and staff consultation, EMS establishes targets and deliverables to conserve, protect and enhance the natural environment while balancing the social and economic needs of the Lacombe community. On an annual basis, the success of the system is evaluated, and a new set of achievable actions is implemented.
- Words from true Canadian gem Pierrette Requier
- Press Release: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards celebrate another year of environment excellence in Alberta
- MEDIA ADVISORY: The 28th Annual Emerald Awards will shine an (LED) light on Alberta’s most innovative leading organizations in environmental excellence
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES THIS YEAR’S EMERALD AWARD FINALISTS
- Celebrate your Albertan EcoHero with a 28th Annual Emerald Award Nomination