Sometimes the best way to lead is through example. To encourage their community’s commitment to a healthy environment for current and future generations, Lacombe County created the internally-focused Environmental Management System (EMS). Implemented in 2014, and developed through extensive community and staff consultation, EMS establishes targets and deliverables to conserve, protect and enhance the natural environment while balancing the social and economic needs of the Lacombe community. On an annual basis, the success of the system is evaluated, and a new set of achievable actions is implemented.
- Edmonton’s Poet Laureate Crafted a Stunning Poem for the 26th Annual Emerald Awards – Listen to it here!
- And the Winner Is… Alberta’s EcoHeroes Celebrated at the 26th Annual Emerald Awards
- NOMINATIONS FOR THE 26TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS NOW OPEN!
- Emerald Awards Nomination How-To Guide
- EMERALD SPEAKER SERIES: Kelcie Miller-Anderson