Lonny Balbi, Q.C., is an avid cyclist, noted humanitarian and environmental sustainability advocate. It was these three passions that led him to create Calgary’s most recognizable cycling-themed environmental support event, Bike to Work Day. As the founder and inspirational leader of this annual event, Mr. Balbi devotes countless hours of his own time, as well as the resources of Balbi & Company Legal Centre, the law practice he founded in 1988. Mr. Balbi’s vision to motivate and encourage Calgarians to abandon their cars for their commutes to and from their places of employment in favour of cycling is a major investment in helping to reduce Calgary’s carbon footprint and improve the air. In 2017, Bike to Work Day will celebrate its 11th anniversary., and is partnered with and supported by The City of Calgary and the non-profit Parks Foundation Calgary.
- Celebrate your Albertan EcoHero with a 28th Annual Emerald Award Nomination
- Our Emerald Awards Nominations Form has changed – Here’s what you need to know!
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION PRESENTS THE 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS
- MEDIA ADVISORY: ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION TO ANNOUNCE 27th ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS RECIPIENTS
- ALBERTA EMERALD FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 27TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS FINALISTS