Rob and Michelle Avis envisioned Verge Permaculture as a way to provide real-world solutions to create more sustainable homes, resilient communities and a healthy eco-system; however, what they have accomplished goes far beyond teaching and gardening. Through their accredited Permaculture Design Courses, Verge Permaculture has produced a generation of graduates who apply this new integrated design philosophy with the pragmatic entrepreneurial spirit to the communities they serve. Rob and Michelle’s home garden reuses approximately 20,000 litres of rainwater annually, and has become a demonstration site for applied sustainability techniques, serving as the catalyst for a number of community sustainability activities.
- Derek Beaulieu Wrote a Poem for the Emerald Awards and You Have to Read It.
- ALBERTA’S ECOHEROES RECOGNIZED AT 25TH ANNUAL EMERALD AWARDS CELEBRATION
- Words of Wisdom from One of Alberta’s Favourite EcoHeroes
- ALBERTAN ECOHEROES TAKE ONE STEP CLOSER TO RECEIVING PRESTIGIOUS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD
- 5 Ways to make sure your holiday season is eco-friendly!