Communications & outreach Coordinator
We’re Alberta’s environmental good-news storytellers.
By showcasing our province’s leaders who raise the bar in addressing local, regional, and global environmental & climate issues, a standard of excellence is set that inspires and empowers others in their own practices.
Through our actions of showcasing, inspiring, and empowering environmental leadership and awareness, we support our community to meet the challenges ahead, and contribute to a more sustainable future for all.
We are committed to providing year-round programming that engages, informs, and empowers environmental stewardship in our province. What began as the Emerald Awards in 1992, our flagship program, has evolved into a 12-month conversation.
We have expanded our capacity and programming into a robust communications strategy that showcases our province’s environmental achievements, and funding opportunities that educate and empower Alberta’s next generation. This progression allows for a larger positive environmental impact that benefits individuals and communities across our province. We do this through the generous support of our sponsors and donors who are dedicated to creating a bright future for our province and our planet.
To recognize and celebrate environmental achievements in Alberta.
To inspire environmental excellence and improvement.
- Promoting environmental leadership.
- Communicating and collaborating with others.
- Ensuring the integrity and credibility of the Foundation.
- Engaging the next generation.
About the position
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator is a full-time position (36 hours/week) responsible for supporting the AEF’s successful communication and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders, while contributing positively to the execution of the AEF’s strategic plan. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be tasked with crafting external and internal communications, event support, campaign support, software management, fund development support and other duties.
Although the AEF’s head office is based in Edmonton, AB, this position can be conducted virtually. As such, the AEF is seeking applications from within the province of Alberta.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day communications with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to our newsletter, event briefs, documents, etc.
- Support the AEF’s fund development strategy.
- Volunteer coordination and donor recognition.
- Support AEF’s events, including the Emerald Awards, Emerald Documentary Series Premiere, Emerald Speakers Series – Earth Day Celebration, and the What On EARTH Can We Do? – LIVE! launch.
- Manage AEF’s online platforms, including website, Submittable, Captivate, etc.
- Manage AEF’s social media platforms with the support of an established social media strategy.
- Operate as an ambassador for the AEF and our programs.
- Support the Executive Director with additional duties as needs arise.
- Seek out personal development and training opportunities that benefit the AEF.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Ability to work with highly-conﬁdential information in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities effectively, able to set objectives, monitor and track progress toward goals.
- Highly organized team player with great attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills that build strong relationships with all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Creative self-starter with the ability to identify opportunities. Takes great pride and ownership over work.
- Proﬁciency with Apple and Google products, WordPress, social media platforms, and other online systems.
Behavioural Expectations: (Common to all positions)
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Treat others and their ideas with respect and dignity.
- Set a good example for others.
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and communication.
- Insist on excellence and be accountable to one another.
- Build group cohesiveness and pride through teamwork.
- Demonstrate conﬁdence in the Alberta Emerald Foundation and its workforce.
- Value and promote creativity and the change process.
- Be a good communicator and listener; be available and visible.
- Develop yourself to your highest potential.
- Is available and accessible within office hours.
How to apply
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator is a full-time position (36 hrs/week). Salary is competitive, and includes benefits and three weeks of vacation upon completing a three-month probationary period.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Executive Director, Gregory Caswell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful candidates will be required to provide two professional references.
The application deadline is March 12, 2021.