Communications and Outreach Manager
The Alberta Emerald Foundation (AEF) recognizes and celebrates environmental excellence in our province. Through our programs like the Emerald Awards and the Youth Environmental Engagement Grant program, as well as our soon-to-be-launched programs, we strive to showcase our province’s EcoHeroes while inspiring others to follow their example.
The AEF is primarily a volunteer-driven not-for-profit charity with two full-time staff. Our office, while frequently busy, is a fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment. We are searching for our new Communications and Outreach Manager to join our team for a six-month contract. This person will work alongside the Executive Director and the Communications Committee to develop and execute the Foundations’ communications strategy.
Our successful applicant must be available immediately to step into their new role. While this position is currently a six-month contract, based on the success of the candidate there is the potential of it becoming a permanent position once the contract is complete. The AEF offers a competitive wage and benefits.
During the six months, our Communications and Outreach Manager will:
- Develop and execute a communications plan based on the Foundation’s goals.
- Manage our social media.
- Engage media and act as a liaison between our media partners and contractors.
- Provide event and program support.
- Manage our website.
- Be our Youth Environmental Engagement Grant and Emerald Educational Engagement Program administrator.
- Market our new program launches and increase audience engagement.
- Write our monthly e-newsletter Elevate.
- Design our marketing materials.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a post-secondary diploma or degree in communications, public relations, and/or marketing, as well as work experience in the field.
- Has a strong understanding and experience with managing various social media streams, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. They stay on top of industry trends and adapt their communications strategy when appropriate.
- Has experience in creating media releases and advisories. Is able to oversee the success of various media agreements, and actively searches out new opportunities to share our Emerald stories.
- Has experience writing for and managing websites. An understanding of WordPress is an asset.
- Has a developed design knowledge. Has experience with Adobe Suite.
- Has strong communications, administrative, and marketing skills.
- Is adaptable and has a willingness to learn.
- Is organized and stays on top of deadlines.
- Is analytical and creative. Is willing to think outside the box and try new things.
- Is collaborative while staying self-motivated. Able and willing to support the Executive Director in program delivery and fund development.
- Has experience with Apple Office, Google applications, and DropBox.
Interested in applying for this position? Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. This posting closes on April 26, 2019.