The Alberta Emerald Foundations celebrates and showcases environmental leadership in Alberta, setting an example of environmental excellence for all to follow.
Since 1992, over 2500 examples of how creative thinking and innovation in environmental management systems, technologies and education programs have been shared, helping Alberta balance it growth and resource development with the preservation of our environment.
The objectives of the Foundation are to:
- Stimulate public and corporate environmental awareness in Alberta
- Enhance youth participation by encouraging young people to become involved in environmental projects
- Encourage behavioural change by recognizing environmental excellence
- Expand and create new environmental excellence recognition initiatives
- Create and strengthen strategic partnerships
- Ensure the sustainability of the Foundation