The Alberta Emerald Foundation recognizes and celebrates environmental achievements and stewardship in Alberta, establishing an example of excellence for all to follow.
Since 1992, over 2500 examples of creative thinking and innovation in environmental management systems, technologies and education programs have been shared, helping Alberta balance its growth and resource development with the preservation of our environment.
The objectives of the Alberta Emerald Foundation are to:
- Stimulate public and corporate environmental awareness in Alberta.
- Enhance youth participation by encouraging young people to become involved in environmental projects.
- Encourage behavioural change by recognizing environmental excellence.
- Expand and create new environmental excellence recognition initiatives.
- Create and strengthen strategic partnerships.
- Ensure the sustainability of the Alberta Emerald Foundation.
In the face of new and increasing pressures on our Alberta landscapes, the Alberta Emerald Foundation aims to be the catalyst to raise the expectations and performance of environmental stewardship.
We believe there are many elements that come together to foster and sustain our environment:
- The assurance of the quality of air, water and land.
- The preservation of Alberta’s biological diversity.
- The fostering of knowledge, values and behaviours that will ensure the continuation of a healthy environment.
By celebrating environmental excellence, the Alberta Emerald Foundation works to raise the public’s awareness of the successful growth and improvement in these areas, and to inspire positive involvement in the protection of our environment.
To recognize and celebrate environmental excellence.
Alberta Emerald Foundation inspires environmental excellence and improvement.
- Promoting environmental leadership.
- Communicating and collaborating with others.
- Ensuring the integrity and credibility of the Foundation.
- Engaging the next generation.
Who We Are
The Alberta Emerald Foundation operates almost exclusively through the contributions of time and talent of committed volunteers. From board and committee members, to those who judge over 100 Emerald Award nominations each year, the importance of this group cannot be overlooked.
Andy Etmanski, Principal
Millenium EMS Solutions Ltd
Alan L. Ross, Partner,
Borden, Ladner Gervais
Alex Simpson, CA
Communications Committee Chair:
Partner, Prismatic Group Inc.
Resource Development Committee Chair:
Alberta Real Estate Foundation
Governance Committee Chair:
Partner, Dyna INV
Ken Kan, Environment, Health & Safety Manager, GE Energy
Paul Manuel, Public Affairs Advisor, Syncrude Canada
Mark Brostrom, P. Eng., Director, City Environmental Strategies | Urban Planning & Environment | Sustainable Development Department, City of Edmonton
Erin Newell-Lupien, Senior Advisor, Community Relations, ATCO Gas & ATCO Electric
Jason Proche, Leader, Strategic Planning and Governance, The City of Calgary
Lee Funke, Consultant, Torque Communications
Communications & Outreach Manager:
Volunteering with the Alberta Emerald Foundation
The Alberta Emerald Foundation is volunteer driven. We thank those who generously share their time, talent and expertise. Volunteers are involved with the Board of Directors, committees, special events and as ambassadors.
Alberta Emerald Foundation
Contact us at 780.616.1556 or firstname.lastname@example.org.